ogy retrieved from http://www.dnae.com/
4. Oxford Nanopore Technologies MinION
product information; https://nanoporetech.com/
5. Real-time, portable genome sequencing for Ebola
surveillance, Nature retrieved from http://www.
6. First DNA Sequencing in Space a Game
Changer retrieved from http://www.nasa.gov/
7. Oxford Nanopore Technologies SmidgeION
product information retrieved from https://
8. Real-time liquid biopsies become a reality in cancer treatment, Karachaliou et al,
9. Illumina Forms New Company to Enable Early
Cancer Detection via Blood-Based Screening,
retrieved from http://www.illumina.com/
10. Grail company mission statement retrieved
11. At AGBT, Illumina Provides Additional Details on Project Firefly – Genomeweb https://
12. Cue health tracking platform information
retrieved from https://cue.me/product
13. Apple ResearchKit & CareKit information
retrieved from http://www.apple.com/uk/
14. Inside Illumina’s Plans to Lure Consumers
with an App Store for Genomes, MiT Technology Review, retrieved from https://www.
15. 3D printed microfluidic devices: enablers
and barriers, Waheed et al, http://pubs.rsc.
16. Customizable 3D Printed ‘Plug and Play’
Millifluidic Devices for Programmable Fluid-
ics, Tsuda et al, http://www.chem.gla.ac.uk/
17. A Paper Test for Liver Damage, MiT Tech-
nology Review retrieved from https://www.
18. Diagnostics on Demand – Cambridge Consultants, retrieved from http://www.cambridge-consultants.com/media/press-releases/diagnos-tics-demand
19. Emergence of microfluidic wearable technolo-
gies, Yeo et al, http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/
Nick Rollings is a Principal Engineer in
the Medical Technology Division at Cam-
bridge Consultants where he specialises in the
development of diagnostic technologies and
systems. Nick is a Chartered Engineer and
a member of the Institution of Mechanical
We save our customers time and money with
in-house capabilities from start to finish.
Specializing in both custom and standard medical cables,
Plastics One is a USA company established in 1949.
Contact us for more information on
cable systems from assembly
Standard and Custom
Medical Cable Assemblies
Class 7& 8 Cleanrooms•Fast turn-around•In-house Tooling•ISO 13485:2003
Medical, Research & Audio Components